Apply For Funding
The Southern Risk Management Education Center in conjunction with the North Central, Northeastern, and Western Centers announces the availability of grant funds and requests the submission of applications. Awards will fund 18-month projects conducted April 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023. The application deadline is November 18, 2021.
How to Apply
- Download and read the SRMEC 2022 REQUEST FOR APPLICATION (RFA).The funding opportunity focuses on educational projects designed to help agricultural
producers improve their economic viability through targeted risk management strategies.
On the other hand, the Producers Underserved RFA funding opportunity is specifically designated for the delivery of risk management
education to agricultural producers underserved by the Federal crop insurance program.
- View the Proposal Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which
explain for every item requested in the application. Applicants are especially encouraged
to utilize the Tutorial.
- Registration Information: If you are a first-time applicant, use this link to access
the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System (RVS). Select “Register” and complete the form to create a new account. A registration confirmation
containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive
the confirmation email, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration,
you must return to the RVS utilizing the link enclosed in the email. Then, please
follow steps 4-6 below to begin a new application.
- If you have accessed the ERME Results Verification System during the past year, you
should already be registered. Login to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System(RVS) using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” page.
To begin, select “Start New Application” (green button) and then “Southern ERME” under
“Active Funding Opportunities.”
- Select the appropriate grant category from the two options available, and again click
the green “Start New Application” button. Then follow the “Instructions” accessible
on each page of the application via the orange button.
- Whenever you wish to continue working on your application, return to the RVS and log in. Your active projects will be listed on the “My Projects” page. You may edit your application by clicking on the title or the pencil icon.
- Application deadline: November 18, 2021
- Applicant notification: February 11, 2022
- Project period for successful applicants: April 1, 2022-September 30,2023